Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Silly, Stupid Heart

I’ve wrapped my heart in butcher paper, and told it to wait. There Is no point to its beating, no need to carry so much weight.

I’ve let it subdue from its convivial self, and I’ve coaxed it sit tight. I beseech it to not skip a beat, when the words said are right.

I will it to cease from aching, after all this effort that’s been made. For all the joys and tribulations, I don’t think it likes this trade.

Someday perhaps, I’d unwrap it so and let it flutter again, my vulnerable little heart, that beats for everyone, under all this mountain of pain.


3 comments:

  1. I think this is one of your best pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...wen did u learn to write like that??? or maybe u had it all along n never shared...sniff...sniff

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm...symptoms of a relationship :D

    no, but seriously...nice piece of writin...

    ReplyDelete