Thursday, March 12, 2009

If I were born in Delhi again, I'd like to be a man please, Here is why: ( Yes, I believe I just went a step down on the Women’s lib)

1. I would be able get drunk at a bar all by myself without harboring tortuous thoughts of sordid and lecherous men coming my way to beat me up and/or pass lewd remarks.

2. I would be able to drive at 1 am at night with the windows rolled down-enjoying the tranquility of the night, and appreciating the width of the roads without having to worry about heart palpitations at the sight of a car nearing mine.

3. I would be able wear shorts in the sweltering heat without thinking 49 times about the repercussions of that minuscule decision.

4. I would be able to take a walk at leisure without having to look behind my back.

5. I would be able to stop the car and relieve myself on the road. (Not really sure if I’d do that though, but it makes for a valid argument)

6. I would be able date ten people at the same time and still be the epitome of morality.

7. I would be able to go to Nehru Place feeling non-descript even if I looked like Hugh Jackman.

8. I would actually be able to act on capricious cravings for chocolate-chip ice cream at 2 am.

9. I would be able travel in DTC at 10 pm and befriend the listless conductor.

10. I would be able to embark on a sightseeing adventure to parts of old Delhi with just a camera in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment