Saturday, April 17, 2010

Attempt at Poetry in Spanish

So I wrote my first poem in Spanish, only to realise later, that there is a song by Marc Anthony which starts very similarly, and has a generous usage of "cuando (When)" and "Sueno (Dream)" in it, just like my intended poem.
Anyway, I am no Marc Anthony, So I can safely post my poem on my blog without being hounded by the music industry for a calling in the song-writing business..

Recuerda me cuando
Estoy no con tigo
Recuerda me en tus sueƱos
Cuando hay nubes oscuro en el cielo
Recuerda me cuando escuchas,
Escuchas mi cancion favorito
Recuerda me a veces,
Recuerda me, como recuerdo ti.

.......

Remember me when
I'm not with you
Remember me in your dreams
When there are dark clouds in the sky
Remember me when you hear,
Hear my favorite song
Remember me sometimes
Remember me, as I remember you.

....

And for those who want more...

Marc Anthony Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/recuerdame-lyrics-la-5-estacion.html

2 comments:

  1. was this an inspiration from marc anthony? :P p.s- just confirming again for my general knowledge :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realised that he had a similar song AFTER writing it. I guess if your knowledge of a language is limited it produces results that can be easily replicated. go figure.

    ReplyDelete