Monday, December 14, 2009

Year roundup

The impending economics final exam tomorrow has me probably in a thought frenzy making my verbosity come to life in this form, or has indeed rendered me foolish for instead of reading for tomorrow I am here, intending to write on matters of existential relevance and economic irrelevance. However, feeling Christmassy a tad, I want to spare you the clichéd thoughts running through my head about the alacrity of time and the onset of quarter life crisis.
So late, on this Monday night as temperatures crawl towards the sub zero range, ushering in a feeling of glee at the prospect of impending snow, I realise that the year is indeed about to come to an end. Well, silly me for having ignored that realization so far, but when you have intriguing papers on platform markets to devour, who cares about such trivialities right?
So, the customary favourites for 2009 have to be listed without further ado and here they are- The overrated-only-appreciated-by-me Award nominees

Song of the Year 2009
1.Who will save your soul-Jewel
2. If you could only see-Tonic
3. Lost-Coldplay
4. Lucky Man-The Verve
5.Cowboy Take me away-Dixie Chics

Book of the year 2009
1. Power of Now-Eckhart Tolle
2. The Secret- Rhonda Byrne
3. Many Lives Many masters- Dr. Brian Weiss
4. A New Earth-Eckhart Tolle
5. Eat, pray, Love- Elizabeth Gilbert

City of the Year 2009
1. Mumbai, India
2. Madrid, Spain
3. San Sebastian, Spain
4. New Delhi, India
5. Guangzhou, China

Movie of the Year 2009
1. Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons
2. Garden State
3. Sweet November
4. Lock Stock and Two Smoking barrels
5. Rock and Rolla

Event of the year 2009
1. Cooking Chicken Tikka Masala
2. Watching the first snowfall of my life
3. Learning SPSS
4. Cycling through San Sebastian
5. Watching Real at Santiago Bernabeu

Winners to be declared soon..although this is a purely discretionary award, votes are welcome :)

1 comment: