Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Letting Go..

I will start this brief account on philosophy in the usual fashion which is much appreciated by the masses-a list. I love lists really-they are concise and spaced out and if I’m lucky-entertaining. Ergo, the fervor for lists. I love making them, reading them, and putting them up on walls.

10 things I’ve lost in Madrid or should I say..In Madrid..I’ve lost:

1. One earring belonging to a pair; bought after much speculation as to price and quality at GKI-M block Market in New Delhi.
2. The will to iron clothes. I like the dwindling supply of clothes in my closet
3. The inertia that prevented me from cooking meals.
4. The ability to finish books in a day. When you have Organizational Theory readings to devour, who’d like to read fiction anyway? (For the uninitiated: We do not like OT readings and yes this is my feeble attempt at sarcasm; if it is a bit much, please hold thy breath as my pristine philosophy follows soon after)
5. 20 Euros in a club. I believe it was for a good cause. Some poor soul must have been bestowed with 2 more hours of inebriation courtesy my absentminded generosity.
6. My way to the airport. The circular line is just that: CIRCULAR.
7. One earring belonging to pair#2.; bought without any speculation as to price and quality at the famous Janpath (literally: Road of the Masses) Market in New Delhi
8. A couple of kilograms. But this was after I’d gained some. So it’s okay right?
9. All semblance of sanity on weekends. ☺
10. My way to Noviciado.Getting on to the train going in the wrong direction and not realising it till it ends up in the outskirts of the city-Not very promising. Even less promising when you realise there were actually 3 of you and none of you noticed the drastically changing landscape. Ah, but more of that later…

Engrossing as it was to come up with this list, the intent for writing this was in reality to broach issues of change and adaptation or to put it more colloquially-letting go. I have always faced inertia as the bouncer outside the club that greets you when you are dressed all wrong. It sneers, and declares that it won’t let you pass, such is Inertia and its power. It just doesn’t want to let you pass through the gates into something new and exciting, even when you are all ready to go.
So what do you do? Well, I for one,plan to visit that club oh so often, that the bouncer has to let up and let me through.
Lets it hear for change, lets hear it for something new..!

No comments:

Post a Comment